Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Luxury Car or Fuel Efficient Car?




Maverick C


im looking for my first car, and i have 3 contenders. For luxury im looking at a Chrysler 300m, and fuel efficiency a Honda civic and Toyota corolla. now i know the civic and corrola would probably be way better choices cause of mpg and reliability but after driving in friends luxury cars its too good to pass up.

also the car i have been driving with my permit is a pretty powerful car and i like the way it drives and handles, and so i feel like i will need a more powerful car cause i drove my sisters and i just didnt feel comfortable, it felt like i was driving a toy car. so anyone that has driven any of these cars or anyone that can provide input (also all cars listed will probably be from 1999ish or 98)



Answer
The words you used to describe the feeling you got when driving your permit car were "i like the way it drives and handles". The Chrysler 300M is a very heavy car. Luxurious, with a powerful engine, yes. Though the suspension is quite soft for comfort and it does NOT handle as well as a Corolla or Civic. While it's sporting ability is higher because of it's engine and rear-wheel drive traits; it's heavier with a softer suspension; in the end, if you know how to handle torque steer; driving the Civic or Corolla will just plainly be funner than the 300M.

I would say get the Civic. For normal city driving, the Civic and Corolla will have a more than sufficient in power and handling, and the fuel efficiency is great. Luxuries in the 300M that arent offered in the Civic and Corolla are what I like to call "frills" to the driving experience, and while nice, they are not necessary. If it's a nice comfortable ride you're after, then perhaps get a Civic/Corolla and swap out the springs and shock absorbers for softer variants? It'll still cost less than the 300M with still a pretty nice comfort.

In the end it's your choice. I feel you want the 300M very badly, but due to fuel efficiency and cost, you want to choose a Civic or Corolla. Let me just tell you that BOTH cars are very sufficient for your needs; both cars can be comfortable (with modifying or not), and both can be fuel efficient (you're going to have to modify the 300M to make that thing fuel efficient to be honest.)

Good luck on your choice! And my personal opinion is the Civic!

Best used sport / luxury car for $15k with around 35k miles?




Guanabana


I have ask this question before, but every time people just give me suggestions that are over my $15k budget (some of them WAY over my budget) or are simply cars that are not luxury, nor sport cars.

I am looking for a car that is

A used luxury or a sport cars
For $15,000 or less
with around 35k miles.
That makes at least 22 mpg combined
Pick ups and anything that uses diesel is not a luxury car.

I would be really grateful if you add a ebay link or if you see anything in my local market (Miami).
Bill, it is quite more common to find low mile sport and luxury cars than you may think. Sometimes the owners do not used them as their main mode of transportation, or they just don't drive a lot. My current car is from 2004 and it has barely 60k miles. Actually I have found a few cars in my budget and miles (mostly Audi A4, Acura TSX, late 90s early 2000s Porsche Boxster (doesn't meet my MPG criteria, but I have seen a lot with that kind of millage) just to name a few.
Brent, I ask because after doing my own research, I might find that others people opinion may be valuable or they may find something I overlooked. Yes, those are entry level luxury cars, but are luxury cars. I don´t need to go over 150 mph to commute to work. I want a car that is comfortable and with amenities and if I can´t find that, a car that is at least fun to drive. The Audi A4 is not related with the VW Passat other than sharing the engine, and the Acura TSX is not related at all to the Civic, other than being build by Honda (it is the international Accord, as the TL is also based on the Accord and like a lot of luxury cars are based on other midsize cars). If I wanted just a fast car, I could get a Mustang GT like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT-Premium-Coupe-4-6L-Fuel-economy-EPA-highway-mpg-23-and-EPA-city-m-/130863557190?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e78136a46=



Answer
$15K is a little low for a used luxury car with 35k miles. The average vehicle is driven 12-15k miles per year and based on that you would be looking for a 2-3 year old luxury vehicle. Most anything in the luxury category would sell for a minimum of $40k new and few, if any, would depreciate $25k over a 2-3 yr period. Good Luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Woman's Beauty Naturally

Using natural botanical skin care is a wonderful experience. With uplifting aromatic essential oils and other natural carrier ingredients, it is easy to nourish the skin in a very special way. While dramatic effects can sometimes be had using synthetically created products, natural botanical blends can bring about a lasting healthy glow free from the possibility of side-effects.Read More

Jessica Alba in Playboy

Playboy magazine needs a swift kick upside the head. They are toying with the fantasies of men around the world with their latest stunt. And what would that stunt be? Well, Jessica Alba appears on the cover of Playboy next month, but does she get naked? No. Of course not.Read More

Scarlet Lg Tv

This event, which was attended by more than 200 media from Middle East and Africa, followed earlier events in Los Angeles and in London that drew celebrities for a mock premiere event to reveal the secret of “Scarlet,





  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP